Creativity Challenge Question

This forum is for important INFORMATION and UPDATES concerning WPF operations. It is a READ ONLY forum. GUESTS TO WPF & NON-MEMBERS WILL FIND A NOTICE IN THIS FORUM CONCERNING REGISTRATION, VIEWING ADDITIONAL PRIVATE FORUMS AT WPF, ETC.

Creativity Challenge Question

Postby Michelle » Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:11 pm

Hey there,

How do you find out which poem won the WPF Weekly Creativity Challenge?

Thanks!
Michelle
Intermediate Member

Print view this post

Re: Creativity Challenge Question

Postby MidnightMoon » Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:36 pm

Hi, Michelle. There are no winners or losers in the creativity challenge. It's not a contest. But a lot of creativity challenge poems end up being submitted to the Interboard Poetry Competition. Here is the link for the poems that are currently being nominated for the IBPC contest:
viewforum.php?f=17
To find out which poems have actually won the contest, you can follow this link:
viewforum.php?f=16

You can nominate any poem you like for the IBPC, including one of your own. It just has to have been posted in the current month. M selects her 3 favorite poems to send to the contest, and then announces if a Wild poet won.
Who writes your name in letters of smoke among the stars of the south?/N More smiling, less worrying/Sadhguru I fly like the bird above all the bullshit/Tash You're an Outsider. Embrace that./D You're beautiful rebels in a mesmerizing world of riddles/N
MidnightMoon

Print view this post

Postby M » Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:41 pm

Hi, Michelle -- thanks for the question. In order for me to judge a Challenge and name a winner and honorable mentions, there have to be at least 10 entries. Unfortunately, we haven't had 10 or more entries in quite a while. But do keep doing the Challenges and posting your entries. As Midnight pointed out, there are lots of great poems written for these Challenges. And often they are poems that authors wouldn't have thought to write on their own. If you have any further questions, please let me know.

Love,
M
M
Founding Member

Print view this post

Postby Michelle » Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:30 pm

Thank you Midnight and M,

I have to say there are never winners or losers in writing poetry. Never. Not even in a contest. How can you lose when writing a poem? The only poem that is a loss is the one that never was.

However, I had read this:
"our entry will be judged on how creative a poem you write describing your soul. (...) When the Creativity Challenge time limit is over, and the entrants have been judged,(...).

I also read the other rules and it all seemed kind of muddy in my mind. So thank you for explaining!

Best to you,
zbtrfly
Michelle
Intermediate Member

Print view this post

Return to Hypnotic Suggestions